How do I access my presentations?
- On the COLLABORATE 19 OAUG website, access the presentation management system via the link under “Present.”
- You must log in with the profile that was used to submit your presentations. Refer to your acceptance email to see the profile email address that is attached to your presentations. These login credentials may be the same as those you use to log in to your OAUG account. If you forgot your password or wish to reset it click the “Forgot Password?” link.
- After successfully logging in, you will see a list of your accepted presentations.
How do I view my tasks?
On the Presentation Management page, the link labeled “Click here to view your tasks” will take you to the presentation tasks page. Please observe the task deadlines. Failure to complete all tasks prior to their deadlines may result in the cancellation of your presentation and cancellation of your complimentary registration.
How do I upload or view my presentation files?
On the Presentation Tasks page, scroll down to the section titled “Presentation Files” and review the instructions.
What file types may I upload?
Please upload your presentation files as PDF (Portable Document Format) files. To convert your papers and presentations you may use these free online resources:
What is the file size limit?
You are allowed to upload a file no larger than 32 megabytes. Refer to the Presentation Files page for the latest list of allowed file types and the maximum allowed file size.
I have a file that is larger than the maximum allowed file size. What do I do?
To reduce the size of your file(s), you can compress embedded images in that file. First, save a copy somewhere safe with your images in full resolution. Then, save a new version so you can create a lower resolution version of the file. It’s usually best to perform these actions before converting to PDF.
- In Microsoft Word or PowerPoint:
- Right click on any image and choose “Format Picture”
- In the Picture tab, click on the “Compress…” button in the lower left
- Set the “Apply to” to “All pictures in document,” and change the resolution to “Web/Screen.” This will reduce the resolution on all images and delete cropped image areas in your document with minimal or no loss of quality. If you note a loss of quality on certain images, you may undo this change and reduce the image sizes individually.
- Click “OK” and save your new document. Note the file size difference. If there is no file size difference, images are already compressed as much as possible.
- In Adobe Acrobat (PDF):
- Open your document
- In the “Document” menu, select “Reduce File Size”
- Select “Acrobat 8.0 and Later” compatibility
- Specify a filename and location, and click Save. The Reduce File Size command resamples and recompresses images, removed embedded fonts, compresses document structure, and cleans up elements. If the file size is already as small as possible, this command has no effect.
- If your file is still larger than the maximum size, please contact .
How do I upload a new version of a file I already uploaded?
- On the Presentation Management page, click on the link labeled “Click here to view your tasks.”
- On the Presentation Tasks page, scroll down to the section titled “Presentation Files” to view the existing presentation files.
- Click on the edit icon of the file that you wish to update.
- Click the “Choose File” button, browse to your file and select it.
- Click the “Next” button.
- When the new file is successfully uploaded it will overwrite the old file.
- Note: The new file does NOT have to be named the same as the previous one.
How do I delete a file that I have uploaded?
Please keep in mind that if you want to upload a new version of an existing file you don’t have to first delete the old file. Refer to the instructions above titled “How do I upload a new version of a file I already uploaded?” if this applies to you.
How do I make changes to my presentation details?
The OAUG speaker programs administrator will work with you to make the required changes and updates. The deadline for all changes and updates is February 28, 2019. If you require edits to your title, abstract or objectives, please notify Mike Jones at .
I have logged in but I don’t see my presentations. What do I do?
If you have more than one OAUG profile you may have logged in with the wrong one. You must login with the profile that was used to submit your presentations. Refer to your acceptance e-mail to see the profile e-mail address that is attached to your presentations.
My question is not covered here. What do I do?